Tuesday, May 17, 2011

more about the process and a new print

Thanks for the comments regarding my process to create my original art on canvas. I got a couple of questions regarding my idea of covering the canvases with newspaper and paper mache. I do it because I LOVE the texture! You don’t need to do it, but if you want to create a little bit different and interesting texture on you canvas I totally recommend you to do this.
I really love to see a little bit of the newspaper under the paint. What you think?

Canvas detail

Also, I got a couple of question regarding my pens. I use Koh I Noor Rapidographs pens with black ink. I can’t live without my pens ;).
If you have more questions about my process or materials, go ahead and leave me a comment ;) I will try to respond tomorrow!

Before leaving I want to let you know about something “new” on my shop. Well… the print it’s not new at all, but after many request, I finally I have the print in 11x14.
Check the listing here!

She believed she could so she did

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Tyggereye said...

I love your process. I'm not a big fan of the texture of canvas, but I like the shape and usability of a canvas being technically ready to hang. Neat!

Jodi Ulschmid said...

I like that you add the newspaper for added texture! Thanks for sharing what kind of pens you use too... I'll have to give them a try some day. :)